The ductwork in a building is responsible for carrying heated or cooled air into each room, while minimizing airflow restrictions, heat loss and heat gain. Problems in the air ducts can reduce the efficiency of your HVAC system, wasting up to 40 percent of the energy used for heating or cooling, while also degrading your indoor air quality and causing other issues.
At Thompson Heating & Air Conditioning, we can inspect your ductwork for problems and offer effective solutions that can improve your comfort and reduce your energy costs. We offer ductwork repair, installation, and maintenance services throughout San Diego and Southern California, for both commercial and residential customers.
For more information about our air duct services, contact us at 760-659-2249 today!
Signs of Ductwork Problems in Your San Diego Home or Business
Some air duct problems, such as major obstructions, may be obvious, but others may have more subtle symptoms. Common signs of ductwork problems include:
- Excessive energy usage and high utility costs
- Uneven temperatures from room to room
- Air that is noticeably hotter or cooler than normal
- Airflow reductions
- Excessive household dust
- Strange noises or smells
- HVAC system that runs longer than normal
- Air filters that require replacing more frequently
- Visible damage or obvious air leaks
If you notice any of these symptoms and suspect that your ductwork may be at fault, have our team at Thompson Heating & Air Conditioning inspect your duct system for problems.
Contact us today for a duct inspection!
Common Ductwork Problems in Southern California
The most common types of ductwork are sheet metal, fiberglass, and flexible ducts. Metal ducts can be crushed or punctured. Fiberglass ducts can crack, and flexible ducts can be punctured, kinked, or twisted. All can have improperly sealed joints, missing insulation, and other problems. Here are the most common examples:
- Loose or leaking joints between duct sections that allow conditioned air to escape
- Inadequate, damaged, or missing insulation in unconditioned spaces, allowing heat loss or gain
- Ducts that have restricted airflow due to crushed sections, kinking, or other obstructions, increasing HVAC load
- Holes, punctures, or cracks in ducts that release conditioned air
- Airflow that is not properly balanced between return and supply, leading to comfort and air quality problems
At Thompson Heating & Air Conditioning, we can identify and repair all these common duct problems, and more, quickly and effectively. Our team has the tools, equipment, and experience necessary to determine where your ductwork has deficiencies and what the best solutions will be for your needs and your budget.
If you have air duct problems, contact us today!
Call Today for Ductwork Repairs in San Diego, CA
From loose joints, to missing insulation or physical damage, you can trust our team at Thompson Heating & Air Conditioning to find and repair all your ductwork problems. In addition to duct service, we also offer complete heating, cooling, and commercial HVAC services.
Contact us today at 760-659-2249 for ductwork repairs or estimates!