Most plumbing systems are fairly reliable and trouble-free, except for the occasional drain clog or leaky faucet. Even so, it is a good idea to perform some basic plumbing maintenance periodically to avoid major system problems, such as leaks, major sewer clogs, or premature water heater failure.
At Thompson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning, our team of licensed, professional plumbers can help. We offer plumbing system inspections, maintenance, and repairs as needed, as well as complete installation and replacement services. Since 1980, we have been helping residential and commercial customers throughout Oceanside, CA and the surrounding areas with all heating, air conditioning, and plumbing needs.
Plumbing Maintenance Tips For Homeowners
Though most plumbing tune-ups should be left to a professional, there are a few ways that you can help to keep your plumbing system in good condition and operating properly. These include:
- Securing any loose pipes with straps to movement and leaks
- Checking for pipes in walls before driving fasteners
- Periodically cleaning faucet aerators to remove minerals
- Repairing faucet leaks to avoid stains and increased water bills
- Repairing leaking toilet valves to prevent excessive water usage and noise
- Avoiding sanitary products, moist wipes, or foreign objects that cause toilet clogs
- Disposing of grease and fat in the garbage, not the kitchen drain
- Using drain screens in the bathroom to catch hair
- Avoiding chemical drain cleaners to prevent system damage
- Clearing clogs with baking soda and vinegar, or a pipe snake
Plumbing Tune-Up Services in Oceanside, CA
To help prevent plumbing problems, it is a good idea have your plumbing system professionally inspected and maintained about once a year. At Thompson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning we offer a variety of plumbing maintenance services, including:
- Complete plumbing system inspections
- Leak detection
- Pipe installation, repairs, and replacement
- Drain and sewer maintenance or cleaning
- Sewer auguring and water jetting
- Drain clog removal
- Septic system maintenance and cleaning
- Video camera pipe inspections
- Water filter and treatment system installation and maintenance
- Fixture maintenance and repair
- Toilet maintenance and repair
- Faucet repair and replacement
- Water heater maintenance, repair, and replacement
- Sump pump maintenance, repair, and replacement
- Garbage disposal maintenance, repair, and replacement
Why Choose Thompson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning?
At Thompson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning, we offer:
- Quality service from a family-owned company
- Licensed, insured plumbing professionals
- Over 35 years of service in the San Diego area
To learn more about our company today!
Schedule Plumbing Maintenance in Oceanside or the Surrounding Areas
Whether you need some simple plumbing maintenance, drain cleaning, or more extensive repairs, you can trust our team at Thompson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning for all your plumbing needs in San Diego County and beyond.
Contact us today at 760-842-7630 to schedule an appointment or request an estimate!