Winters in the San Diego area can be quite chilly, particularly after the sun sets. Once the temperature starts to drop, your comfort depends on the reliability of your heating system, and if it is more than a few years old or has an uncertain maintenance history, that could be a problem. To keep your home comfortable and safe, any heating system problems should be repaired as soon as they are discovered.
At Thompson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning, we can help. We offer complete repair services for gas furnaces and heat pumps. Our friendly, certified technicians can diagnose and repair most heating system problems quickly, and we serve homeowners throughout San Diego County.
For more information about our heating services, contact Thompson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning today to speak with one of our heating experts!
Common Signs of Heating System Problems
Many problems with a heating system do not necessarily cause a complete breakdown. Often, there will be a noticeable degradation in performance and comfort, as well as several other possible symptoms. Common signs of heating system problems include:
- Reduced heating performance or uneven temperatures
- Reduced airflow in one or more rooms
- Cool air coming from the vents
- Unusually high utility bills
- Frozen heat pump coils or water leaks
- Yellow furnace flames instead of blue
- Leaks from the flue system
- Pilot light or ignition failures
- Electrical problems or tripped breakers
- Buzzing or screeching from a heat pump’s compressor
- Hissing from refrigerant lines
- Tapping from the blower fan or air handler
- Thumping or banging from a furnace
- Musty or sour odors
- Smoke or burning plastic smells
- Other strange noises or odors
- Carbon monoxide alarms
If any of these symptoms are present in your heating system, contact our team at Thompson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning for a system inspection. We will diagnose the problem quickly and offer the best repair options for your needs.
Contact us today to schedule a heating system inspection!
Heating System Repairs in San Diego County
Whether you have a major heating system problem, or something minor, like a broken fan belt, our team at Thompson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning can help. Our expert technicians have the skills and equipment to solve most heating system problems, including:
- Startup problems
- Airflow or heating performance issues
- Furnace combustion problems or flue leaks
- Dirty burners, ignition problems, and thermocouple failures
- Frozen heat pump coils
- Condensate drain clogs
- Insufficient refrigerant or leaks
- Compressor overheating or failure
- Clogged air filters or broken blower belts
- Thermostat failures
We also offer replacement services if your heating system has major problems, like a failed compressor or cracked heat exchanger. Our team will discuss your repair or replacement options and recommend the best solutions for your budget and long-term comfort.
To schedule heating system repairs or request an estimate, contact us today.
How to Prevent Heater Problems
Routine maintenance can often sport problems before they become too serious, preventing unnecessary repairs and extending the life of your heating system. At Thompson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning, we offer complete maintenance services for furnaces and heat pumps, as well as maintenance programs that make the process more convenient.
Contact us today to schedule maintenance services!
Call Today for Heating Repairs in San Diego County, CA
From minor problems to major emergencies, our team at Thompson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning offers fast, reliable heating system repairs anywhere in the San Diego area.
For an appointment or an estimate, contact us today!