Although San Diego County is well-known for its gorgeous, generally-mild weather, it does get a bit chilly during the winter, and the cold air arrives, it is nice to be able to rely on your central heating system to keep your home comfortable. With proper maintenance, most heating systems will last 15 or 20 years before replacement is necessary.
When the time does come for replacement, however, consider our team at Thompson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning. We offer affordable heat pump and furnace replacement services throughout the Sand Diego area, as well as routine maintenance, repairs and new installations for all types of heating and cooling equipment.
Never ask “Where can I find a heating contractor near me?” again! Contact us today at 760-842-7630 to learn more about our full selection of heating and cooling services!
When to Replace the Heating System in Your San Diego Home
A heat pump or furnace replacement can be a large investment, but if your heating system is extremely old or requires frequent repairs it may be worth the cost. A new central heating system will require fewer repairs, it will cost less to operate, thanks to efficiency improvements, and it will keep you more comfortable, thanks to new technologies such as zoning systems and programmable thermostats. Here are a few signs that it is time to replace your heating system:
- The system is over 10 or 15 years old
- Utility bills have become extremely expensive
- The system has major problems like a failed compressor or cracked heat exchanger
- The system requires frequent repairs
When you are ready for a new heat pump or furnace installation, contact our team at Thompson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning for a quote!
Benefits of a Heat Pump or Furnace Replacement in the San Diego Area
By replacing your old heating system with a new heat pump or furnace, you will enjoy several benefits, including:
- Increased Efficiency: With new coil designs, better refrigerants and multiple-speed compressors and fans, today’s heat pumps offer dramatically increased efficiency. Likewise, new furnaces use technologies like variable-speed fans, electronic ignitions and optional condensing gas systems to improve efficiency.
- Improved Comfort: With multiple fan speeds, and features like zoning systems and programmable thermostats, today’s heat pumps and furnaces offer better comfort while saving energy.
- Reduced Noise: With multiple speeds, air handler fans can turn on and off gradually and operate at lower speeds, reducing noise.
- Better Air Quality: With improved air filters and multiple fan speeds, today’s heating systems can remove pollutants from the air more effectively.
Contact our team today to learn more about the benefits of installing a new heating system!
Furnace and Heat Pump Installation Services in San Diego County
In addition to replacing an existing heating system, our team at Thompson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning can also perform new heat pump and furnace installations, including quality heating systems from our partners at Trane.
Our team will determine the heating load for your home, according to the appropriate ACCA Manual J procedures, select the appropriate system for your needs, and install all the necessary ductwork and accessories. We stand by our work, and we will make sure that you are completely satisfied with your new system.
For a heat pump or furnace installation quote, contact our team today!
Call Thompson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning for Heating System Installations in San Diego County
Whether you need a new heat pump or furnace, or simply need repairs or maintenance on your existing system, you can trust Thompson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning for all your heating and cooling needs!
Contact us today at 760-842-7630 to schedule an appointment!