For many homeowners in the San Diego area, heat pumps are one of the most convenient and energy-efficient ways to provide both heating and cooling for a home. With the latest advances in technology, such as two-stage compressors and variable-speed blower motors, they are more efficient and reliable than ever. If you are considering replacing your older heat pump with a new model, you will likely see significant increases in efficiency, comfort, and reliability.
Whether you are replacing a heat pump that has failed or you simply wish to upgrade to a newer, more efficient model, our team at Thompson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning can help. We have been providing homeowners in the San Diego area with quality heating and air conditioning services since 1980, and our certified HVAC experts have the experience to install your heat pump properly, ensuring it has a long, energy-efficient life with proper maintenance.
To learn more about our heat pump services, contact Thompson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning at 760-842-7630 today!
When to Consider Heat Pump Replacement
With proper maintenance, heat pumps can last over a decade, but they will become less efficient and reliable with age. You should consider a heat pump replacement if any of the following apply:
- Your heat pump is over 10 years old. The average lifespan of a heat pump is between 10 and 15 years, and if your current system has any problems, an upgrade may be the best choice.
- Your utility costs excessive. As heat pumps age, they lose efficiency, which will increase your energy usage and utility costs.
- Your heat pump is inefficient. Older heat pumps often had a SEER of less than 13 and an HSPF of less than 8. Today’s systems can be far more efficient, featuring a SEER of 13 to over 20 and an HSPF of up to 10.
- The system cannot heat or cool effectively. If your system cannot keep your home comfortable, replacement is the only option.
- Frequent repairs are necessary. If your heat pump requires frequent repairs or has major problems, like a damaged compressor, it is often more cost-effective to replace it.
At Thompson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning, our team can inspect your heat pump and offer honest advice about your repair and replacement options.
To have your heat pump inspected, contact us today.
Heat Pump Replacement in the San Diego Area
If you choose to install a new heat pump, our HVAC experts at Thompson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning can provide fast, professional replacement services that minimize disruptions to your schedule. Our process includes:
- Removing the existing heat pump
- Performing new heating and cooling load calculations
- Selecting a heat pump with the features and capacity you require
- Installing the condenser, evaporator, air handler, and other components
- Installing accessories like thermostats or zoning controls
- Charging the system and testing its performance
We also offer complete maintenance and repair services to keep your heat pump in peak condition.
To request a replacement quote, contact our team today!
Schedule Heat Pump Replacement in San Diego, CA
From system installations to routine maintenance, our team at Thompson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning can handle all your heat pump needs.
Contact us at 760-842-7630 to schedule an appointment!