For many homeowners in the San Diego area, a heat pump offers a convenient solution for both heating and cooling. The system is energy-efficient and reliable with proper routine maintenance, and, unlike a furnace, it does not require a municipal gas connection, relying on electricity alone. To keep your heat pump operating efficiently, regular care and maintenance are required at least twice a year.
At Thompson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning, our NATE-certified HVAC experts can provide complete maintenance services for your heat pump, as well as repairs and replacement services when necessary. We serve homeowners throughout San Diego and Southern California, providing quality plumbing, heating, and air conditioning.
To schedule HVAC services or request a quote, contact Thompson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning at 760-842-7630 today!
Benefits of Routine Maintenance for San Diego Homeowners
Ideally, a heat pump should be professionally serviced and maintained twice a year, during the spring and the fall. Routine maintenance can provide several benefits, including:
- Reduced energy usage – When the heat pump is cleaned, maintained, and properly lubricated, it can keep your home at your preferred temperature with less work, reducing your energy consumption.
- Lower utility costs – As energy consumption is reduced, you will save money on your heating and cooling costs.
- Fewer repairs – By replacing worn parts before they cause further damage to your heat pump, you can reduce your repair costs and enjoy a more reliable system.
- Longer service life – A system that is well-maintained experiences less friction and wear, extending its lifespan.
- Improved comfort – When your heat pump can perform as it is designed to, your home will be more comfortable, with even temperatures, improved humidity control, and better indoor air quality.
At Thompson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning, we can provide all the maintenance services for your heat pump as recommended by the manufacturer, which will help to keep it operating properly while protecting your warranty.
Contact us today to schedule maintenance services for your system!
Heat Pump Tune-Ups in San Diego
A typical heat pump includes a condenser and compressor unit that is located outdoors as well as an interior air handler that contains the evaporator, blower, and air filter. A duct system distributes the conditioned air, while refrigerant lines and electrical cable connect the interior and exterior portions of the system. At Thompson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning, we inspect all these components, noting any problems, and we perform all the required maintenance for your system, including:
- Cleaning the evaporator and condenser
- Replacing the air filter
- Cleaning the air handler and blower fan
- Adjusting the blower belt
- Lubricating bearings, pulleys, and other components
- Cleaning the condensate drain
- Checking the refrigerant levels and pressures
- Inspecting the electrical system
- Measuring blower motor, compressor, and fan current
- Measuring supply and return airflow
- Testing the thermostat
If any problems are found, our HVAC experts will offer the most cost-effective repair options for your needs.
To learn about the maintenance requirements for your heat pump, contact us today!
Schedule Heat Pump Maintenance in San Diego, CA
If your heat pump is due for routine maintenance, you can count on Thompson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning for quality maintenance services and upfront pricing.
Contact us today at 760-842-7630 to schedule an appointment!