The ductwork in a San Diego home or business is designed to supply conditioned air to each room or zone proportionally, according to its size. As air travels through the system, anything that affects its flow, changes its temperature or allows it to escape can have a significant effect on the HVAC system, reducing heating and cooling efficiency by up to 30 percent. By having your ductwork professionally inspected and repaired, you may be able to reduce your utility costs dramatically.
At Thompson Heating & Air Conditioning, we offer complete ductwork repair services throughout the San Diego and Southern California region. We also offer heating, cooling, indoor air quality and plumbing services, and commercial HVAC services.
For more information about any of our services, contact our team at 760-842-7630 today!
Common Ductwork Problems in Southern California
Compared to the actual heating or cooling system, ductwork requires only minimal maintenance and the occasional repair. The most common problems include:
- Joints that have loosened over time due to vibration or improper installation
- Loose or missing insulation that allows heat gain or loss
- Cracks or punctures that allow conditioned air to escape or dust to enter
- Crushed, twisted, or damaged duct sections
- Materials that have corroded or degraded
- Obstructions that hinder airflow
- Broken dampers, vents, or zoning controls
- Accumulations of dust, dirt debris, or moisture
At Thompson Heating & Air Conditioning, we have the tools, knowledge and experience necessary to repair all these common duct problems and more. We also offer complete duct maintenance services, as well as installation and replacement.
For a ductwork service in Southern California, contact our team today!
The Effects of Duct Problems in Your San Diego Home
Ducts that have not been installed, repaired or maintained correctly can create significant issues for your San Diego home, including:
- Higher energy usage and utility costs
- Reduced comfort due to conditioned air escaping or being tempered by external air
- Reduced indoor air quality due to dust entering leaky return ducts
- Poor humidity control due to moisture entering ducts
- Pressure differentials due to airflow imbalances that allow dust to enter your home
At Thompson Heating & Air Conditioning, we can correct the duct problems that create these issues, and inspect your entire system for anything that may cause a future problem.
For more information about duct problems, contact our team today!
Call Today for Ductwork Service in San Diego, CA
Whether you need ductwork repairs, AC maintenance, or a system installation, our team at Thompson Heating & Air Conditioning can handle all your HVAC needs in the San Diego area.
For an appointment, contact us at 760-842-7630 today!