A quality air conditioning system is a necessity for San Diego homeowners, with the long summers and abundant sunshine. While many homeowners opt for a traditional central air conditioner, which uses ducts to transfer cool air into each room, another option is a mini split system.
A ductless mini split air conditioner eliminates the lossy, inefficient ductwork, cooling each room with a wall or ceiling-mounted air handler, which saves energy and reduces installation complexity. Whether you are adding air conditioning to your entire home, a single room or a new addition, a mini split can be a great solution.
At Thompson Heating & Air Conditioning, we offer ductless mini split air conditioner installation services, as well as system replacements, repairs, and routine maintenance. We have been providing quality HVAC services to the San Diego area since 1980.
Contact us today at 760-659-2249 to learn more about our heating and cooling services!
The Benefits of a Mini Split for San Diego Homes
Like a standard split AC, a mini split features an outdoor unit that combines a compressor and condenser, which is connected by refrigerant and electrical lines to an indoor unit. Instead of using a centrally-located evaporator and ducts, however, a mini split system uses one or more interior air handlers, each containing an evaporator, fan and filter in a compact assembly. A ductless mini split air conditioner offers several benefits for your San Diego home, including:
- Reduced energy usage: Poorly-sealed ductwork can waste 15 to 30 percent of the energy used for cooling. With no ducts, mini split systems eliminate these losses.
- High SEER ratings: Mini-splits are extremely efficient, with seasonal energy efficiency ratios that range from 15 to over 23.
- Simple installation: Without ducts, a mini split system is quick and easy to install.
- Optional multiple-room cooling: A mini split is a popular way to cool a single room or a new addition, but larger systems can support multiple air handlers, with independent temperature controls at each indoor unit.
- Optional heating: Many mini split systems feature a reverse cycle that allows them to also provide heating in the winter.
To learn more about the benefits of a mini split air conditioner, contact our team today!
Mini Split Installations in the San Diego County Area
With no air ducts, a mini split system is relatively simple to install. The condenser can be located anywhere within about 50 feet of the indoor air handlers, such as the rear of your home or a shaded area to increase efficiency. A wall or ceiling-mounted indoor unit is then placed into each room or zone and connected to the condenser with a small three-inch conduit that contains the refrigerant lines and electrical cables. This can be routed easily through walls or ceilings, minimizing changes to your home.
At Thompson Heating & Air Conditioning, our team of NATE-certified technicians can quickly and efficiently install a new mini split or replace an existing system. During the process, we will:
- Calculate the cooling load using ACCA Manual J procedures, instead of rough estimates
- Help you choose a system that meets your needs, with features like zoning, variable-speed air handlers or wireless remotes
- Ensure you are satisfied with the system and familiar with its operation.
Call Us Today for Mini Split Installations in San Diego, CA
At Thompson Heating & Air Conditioning, our team can help with all your mini split needs, from installation or replacement to maintenance and repairs.
Contact us today at 760-659-2249 for an apportionment!