In the San Diego area, a central air conditioning system is subjected to extreme conditions with the long, hot summers, and humidity that is often quite high. Without a bit of preventative maintenance, keeping your home comfortable during the hottest parts of the year can become very expensive. Not only will your air conditioner require energy to operate, raising your cooling costs, it will also be more likely to require expensive repairs in the future that could have been prevented.
At Thompson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning, we can handle all of your HVAC maintenance needs throughout the San Diego area, and we also feature HVAC system repair, replacement and installation services. We service many types of AC equipment, including central air systems, ductless mini splits, packaged AC systems, rooftop AC units, heat pumps, and more.
Contact us today at 760-842-7630 to learn more about our HVAC maintenance services!
Why Air Conditioner Maintenance is Important in the San Diego Area
Routine maintenance helps to keep your air conditioner running efficiently, and it can prevent unnecessary repair costs that are caused when minor issues become major problems, such as a clogged filter that contributes to the compressor overheating. Some benefits of preventative maintenance include:
- Reduced cooling costs: A system that runs efficiently requires less electricity, reducing your utility costs.
- Reduced repair costs: With frequent inspections and routine maintenance, problems can be caught early, before they cause further damage.
- Longer service life: By avoiding unnecessary wear and repairs through frequent maintenance, you can extend the life of your system.
- Improved comfort: When your central air system is running properly, it can cool and dehumidify more effectively.
To learn more about the benefits of proper air conditioner maintenance, contact our team today!
Preventative Maintenance for AC Equipment in San Diego County
To keep your HVAC system in great condition, professional HVAC maintenance should be performed at least twice a year. There are some things you can do yourself, however, including:
- Changing the air filter every few months or as needed
- Keeping the area around the condenser free of debris and vegetation
- Removing leaves, twigs and grass from the condenser fins and system fan
- Rinsing dirt from the condenser coil with a garden hose, after turning the power off
- Carefully dusting the evaporator coil, without damaging the fins
- Removing clogs or obstructions from the condensate drain
Most of the other routine maintenance for a central air conditioning system should be performed by a professional. This typically includes:
- Changing the air filter
- Cleaning the condensate drain and tray
- Cleaning the air handler and system fans
- Adjusting belts and lubricating pulleys
- Inspecting the air plenum for leaks or loose duct connections
- Cleaning the evaporator and condenser coil throughly
- Checking for refrigerant leaks
- Inspecting the electrical and safety systems
- Measuring the current and voltage of the blower motor and fans
- Verifying proper thermostat operation
The maintenance requirements will vary by the air conditioner type, model and manufacturer. At Plumbing, Thompson Heating & Air Conditioning we can handle all your routine maintenance needs, and we offer several maintenance plans that can make the process simple and convenient.
To learn more about your system’s maintenance requirements, contact us today!
Call Thompson Heating & Air Conditioning for AC Maintenance in San Diego, CA
With our knowledgeable and experienced technicians, our team at Thompson Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning can handle all of your air conditioner maintenance needs, as well as system repairs and replacements. We serve commercial and residential clients throughout the San Diego area.
Contact us today at 760-842-7630 for an appointment!